Monday, January 17, 2011

Lost Halls of Dwarven Kings (part 5)

Continuing work on this beautiful terrain set Lost Halls of the Dwarven Kings from WorldWorks Games.
As I am in the final stages, still continuing from where I left off I ran into a few snags. First of all the label paper I printed the texture tiles on (the floors) made for easy mounting onto the template of foamcore. Now not all easy is good as I ran into a snag here or there. The side when the linX fit into began to stick to the link and tough to get out easy. To improve on this I had to add another step in that I would leave on enough of the label backing to cover the slot. This fits much better, but does take and extra step into construction.

Templates cut out, floors printed out. Templates come in 3 sizes: 3"x3", 3"x6", and 6"x6" Let the fun begin of construction!
 See how they stack? Oh and all floor labels have been cut out, ready to be adhesived.

Just a few of the floors done. They are beautiful and I cannot wait to put this all together!


The floor bits I have completed so far make me giddy and excited for completion, now just to finish the rest of the floors, attach the anchors, and drool over it some more. Back to finishing up and more pics to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment